Thursday, July 29, 2010

15 New Signings, Is this Highlanders or what?

If I had a football club and released 15 players and replaced them with another 15, I would call myself a genius, but guess what, it's not me and it's not my team and I feel this is nuts. Maybe there is a point, I don't know. If you want to make it easy on top, get a list and addresses of players released by Mpumalanga Black Aces of South Africa and sign them on en masse. You will win the league.

Witbank's Mpumalanga Black Aces recruited 15 new palers and fired the same number. They signed former Orlando Pirates captain Lehlohonolo Seema, BidVest Wits midfielder Marawaan Bantam, winner of the Nedbank Cup last season, striker Brice Aka from Martizburg United, two experienced international goalkeepers Denis Onyango from PSL champions SuperSport United and DR Congo's Francis Chansa from Wits, German-born central defender Marc Eberle who, apart from playing in Germany, Belgium, and Holland also played under Aces coach Aki Ayiomamidis in the Cyprus First Division for Aris FC.

At first you would think it's Highlanders FC of Zimbabwe who are restructuring, but then, Aces claim statistics show they recorded the 3rd highest home attendance at their games last season and are now aiming to be a top 5 team. Far fetched? Ask me end of the season.

[polldaddy poll="3541321"]

No comments:

Post a Comment