Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Dynamos much awaited appel hearing to out next week

THE much-awaited Dynamos appeal hearing will now take place tomorrow in the capital after failing to take place last Wednesday due to a communication breakdown. Dynamos appealed against the Premier Soccer League's disciplinary committee's ruling that the two teams should replay the match at a neutral venue.

Dynamos were hauled before the PSL disciplinary committee after their marshals assaulted Chipangano coaches just before the two teams' league match in the capital on 6 May.

The match ended 4-1 in favour of the reigning Castle Lager Premier Soccer League champions.

Chipangano played the whole match without their coaches, Nation Dube and Mebelo Njekwa, as they had to be rushed to hospital for treatment. Physical trainer Kenny Nyape and kit master Andrew Zulu were left in charge of the game.

Head coach Tennant Chilumba was away in his home country, Zambia, to attend a Caf-run coaching clinic.

Zifa Appeals committee secretary Timothy Sangarwe confirmed that the hearing will take place tomorrow.

"There was a communication breakdown between the clubs resulting in Hwange failing to access Dynamos' heads of argument on time. We could have held the hearing last Wednesday," said Sangarwe.

He said all things being equal, the verdict could be out next Wednesday. The outcome will have a significant bearing on the league title race as DeMbare are six points behind Highlanders with two games in hand. One of the outstanding games — against FC Platinum — will be played today and the other, against Hwange, will be played later.

Dynamos' argument is that the three marshals, Abraham Kwenda, James Dzamu and Simbarashe Zviita, never paid admission of guilt fines as alleged by the Don Moyo-led PSL disciplinary committee.

According to the committee ruling, the three marshals admitted to assaulting the two coaches and this was confirmed by the payment of admission of guilt fines.

However, the PSL's letter of summons to DeMbare stated that the club violated Order 31 of the Rules and Regulations which reads in part:

"It is an act of misconduct on the part of the club when its officials, players, servants or duly authorised (express or implied) representatives assault, threaten, intimidate, coerce, interfere, mislead or insult a match official, player, official of the league, public, press or media or any other person, before, during or after any match . . . ."

The PSL disciplinary committee ordered a replay of the match at a neutral venue after nullifying the result  and fining Dynamos $2 000 but half of that was suspended on condition that they do not commit a similar offence during the season.

"The result of the match is nullified and a replay is hereby ordered at a neutral venue to be decided by the PSL.

"Dynamos Football Club is also to meet the full costs in respect of transport, accommodation and food for Hwange Football Club for the replay which should be hosted at a neutral venue to be decided by the Premier Soccer League. The fine is to be paid by 30 June 2012," read part of the ruling.

There were allegations that Zifa violated standing regulations by allowing the Harare giants to appeal despite the fact that Dembare had failed to lodge the appeal within the stipulated one week.

The PSL Disciplinary committee gave DeMbare a week to lodge an appeal with the Zifa Appeals committee but DeMbare only appealed after a week.

Meanwhile, the Motor Action/Caps United appeal verdict, whose outcome will have a far reaching effect on the future of the troubled Makepekepe, is expected  today.

Motor Action appealed against the PSL decision to award the match to Caps United on a 3-0 scoreline for failing to turn up for the match at Gwanzura.
By Sbue
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device