Friday, August 31, 2012

Chinyama cleared

The transfer of striker Takesure Chinyama to Orlando Pirates from Zimbabwe club Dynamos have finally been secured after weeks of haggling.

Dynamos have issued the International Transfer Certificate, allowing Pirates to register the player for the new season with a day to go before the close of the transfer window.

Chinyama has missed Pirates' first five games of the new campaign, including their elimination from the MTN8.

But he could debut as soon as Saturday when the defending league champions host Moroka swallows at the Orlando Stadium on Saturday.

Zimbabwe champions Dynamos had been refusing to issue the ITC as they claimed Pirates ha not paid them.

But the players' agent, Kennedy Mapeza, claimed banking regulations in South Africa had held up the deal.

"The process took longer because Pirates had to apply to the reserve bank to send money to Zimbabwe," he claimed.

Chinyama said he was looking forward to his chance to play, according to an interview published on the club's website.

"I had a good spell in Europe before returning to Zimbabwe where I did fairly well too. Coming to South Africa is a chance for me to take my game to a higher level. Since I arrived here I'm doing a lot of physical and tactical training and I feel ready to play."

Chinyama has been at Pirates since mid-July. Bucs hope he will be able to produce a regular diet of goals.

"Scoring goals is not easy, but it is something that I strive to do in every match I play. The expectations from strikers are extremely high all over the world, as we are on the front-line. I'm okay with that and scoring goals for my team will be my big mission in the PSL."

Chinyama was top scorer in the Zimbabwe league before leaving for Pirates. The 29-year-old scored 19 goals for Poland's Legia Warsaw in the 2008-09 season.
By Sbue
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment