Thursday, September 13, 2012

Jambo Happy To Have Masilela At Chiefs

Zimbabwe international Zhaimu Jambo insists he is not running scared following the recent arrival of another left-back at Kaizer Chiefs in Tsepo Masilela but is instead eager to step up and learn from the Bafana Bafana defender who has spent the last five years in Europe. Jambo has been the preferred choice at left-back ahead of Keegan Ritchie but he will now have to face the colossal challenge of squaring off against Masilela for a place on the left side of defence.
"It is going to be competition as usual," said Jambo.
"At a club like Chiefs there will always be competition. That competition actually pushes you to do even better all the time which eventually benefits the team. Whoever gets the chance must give it his best. This is the kind of competition that will also be good for me because I will also improve my game as I will also learn some things from him (Masilela) seeing he has been playing in Europe. It is actually good for me to have him around," he said.
The Zimbabwean actually views the signing of Masilela as an addition aimed at adding depth.
"To me it was an addition to the team to give depth so that whenever there are injuries there is always someone available to play. With the three of us there is always cover. For him to be here it doesn't mean that I and Keegan were notdoing well enough."
While Jambo would have to contend with increasing competition at left back striker Kingston Nkhatha is encouraged by his positive start at the club especially his partnership with Bernard Parker that has been built around their camaraderie that stretches to off the field. Nkhatha has scored two league goals in the opening three games with his partner Bernard Parker standing on four giving hope that they could develop a productive combination this season for Chiefs.
"I and Bernard always talk a lot even when we are not on the field. We always talk about the way we need to move around so as to create spaces for each other and the way someone must also make use of that space that we are creating," said Nkhatha adding that he was happy to see Parker doing the business for Bafana Bafana on Tuesday night with a brace against Mozambique.
"Oh, yes I was happy. With the way he was running up and down I knew he was going to score".
The former Warriors striker also notes that he has settled in well at Chiefs where he has fellow homeboys Jambo, Lincoln Zvasiya, Willard Katsande and recent arrival Matthew Rusike.
"Everything has gone on well and I am coping well with the demands that come with playing for Chiefs because pressure was always there even when I was at Leopards. I am playing according to how the coach wants us to play and its okay. I now just want to see us continue scoring goals so that I help the team win games to enable us to win trophies.
"The presence of fellow countryman is a good motivation because I have felt at home and settled from the very first day that I joined the club. Always having someone from homehas been extremely helpful in settling in. As homeboys we always talk about working hard and being focused on the job at hand.
"We always remind each other that we are here to work and that this is what will always be the priority for as long as we are here. We are not here to lazy around and do funny things,"said the former Black Leopards forward.
Masilela – who is injury prone – is currently out injured and will most likely only start becoming available for selection next month.
As he gets moving into his fourth season at Naturena, Jambo notes that his stay at the club has built his character so much that he no longer plays with fear.
"I have become a better player through the years that I have spent at Chiefs because I now don't play with fear and don't put myself under pressure when I play. If you don't play with fear it allows you to play your normal game," he said.
By Sbue
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment