Tuesday, October 26, 2010

If you are one of these, keep it up and thanks ever so much.

One of the first comments on the blog came from Banengi Thebe about the 2010 World Cup. The topic was about the African teams banking on home town advantage and the effect of juju to prove their case. As it turned out, either juju does not work at all, or ir doesn't stick to white people as soetimes believed because Spain won the championship. This is what he had said,

"Firstly I believe it is going to be a very different world cup. Because  everybody is enxious to see what is going to happen and that is the time for the most forecast to excel. The first games are going to be very nervy mostly with the most experienced nations. The African team which is going to impress first might go all the way . I think by now African people know that  the only JuJu which is out there is just  train Hard, Focus, have a game plan, follow the script, hold your own, stand up and be counted, lastly know how to play the game at the top.
My pick from Africa is Ghana and Algeria. In the Americas my pick is U.S.A  and Argentina. Europe I have Spain, England and France." Not far off coach. 10/10.

On FB Tshuma Sikhulile has this opinion about the blog; 'what I like about the blog it keeps me informed about my favourite team bosso n soccer in general. being outside zimbabwe its diff to get d info online abt d team, chronicle is not updated evryday.'

Thank you so much baba and you are not alone. Your opinions are shared by Ronald Brown who writes; 'the blog keeps me updated about my best team[Bosso] since i am outside Zim, kee it my bra you are doing a good thing.' Tshuma Sikhulile goes on to say 'thanx again ndex for today's update on d team.'

In response to Banengi Thebe about the 2010 FIFA World Cup, I wrote; "I agree with you there because for a long time we depended on juju and less preparation. That mentality having gone, I fear may see skulls on the field of play come Opening match day. Remember people used to sleep in stadia and all sorts of ritulas performed. Balls laced with white Chicken blood and no hand shakes. My gut feeling is Bafana surprising even myself. The referees have a thing withAfrican teams though. I can;t forgive the Cameroon vs England game in Italia’90."
One of the biggest fans and followers of the blog is Vusumuzi Mourinho Ndlovu He is among the most prolific commenters on the blog. I will publish his full list in days to come. His FB comment goes; "the most I like Bosso's updates and the way you preview and review local and European games but what i liked the most was the FIFA 2010 Technical Report t'was jus out of this world."

I salute you for your religious love of the game as well as very constructive and technical feedbacks that encouraged me to seek even further to be forthcoming with mechanical details of the game as I appreciate the fact that you consume the stuff. 

On the Warriors match against Brazil, this was Paul D's comment; 'Are we raising Brazil’s piggy bank petty cash account? They initially wanted USD 1,2 million in appearance fee but the fee was negotiated down to an undisclosed fee.The Zim Tourism authority, desperate for creating a good image for Zim as a safe destination endorsed this day-light robbery scheme. I think Africa has to realise we are only playing a 90 min game and these folks are not demi-gods by all means.I can foresee Zim national team players boot kissing the Kaka’s who could never care less to even conduct training clinics to the unprevileged.I dont think Ivory Coast would have played us for a fee so then why Brazil? I wont be political but that much needed money would have benefited some sectors of the economy. SAD MISCALCULATION INDEED'

On the same subject, Beke Ndiweni; '
To all the readers, God bless you and I will be publishing the first few comments and discussions as well as the most interesting ones.
Eish ths is n experience for our players. ts good that they have gt such a game. For Brazil ts gud preparation juss a few days before THE VERY WORLD CUP. Why play Zimbabwe of all the Southen African countries? Zim has had a good outing in both club and country over a number of years. It is only of late that the national team has not been doing well against the rest of Africa only managing wins against their neighbours. So Brazil is getting both a stroll in the park and some form of push as well. How i wish it was the DREAM TEAM.Even though that team did not qualify for any tournament, that was the best team we assembled and i do not see any team coming near that one in terms of balance. All the best for our guys. Hopefully they will learn lot.'

No comments:

Post a Comment