Monday, February 13, 2012

In their own words: Lloyd Jowa


e-Diski: Hello Mr Jowa.

Lloyd: Hello Tse Ndex... how are you

e-Diski: Where are you?

Lloyd: I'm currently based in UK.

e-Diski: Do you have any family?

Lloyd: Yes I have a family. I live with them here.

e-Diski: What are you doing now?

Lloyd:  I'm currently working and studying.

e-Diski: What was your nickname when you played football?

Lloyd: Mcgyver, they called me Mcgyver.

e-Diski: How did you get it?

Lloyd:  It came about because I used to do tricks in the field, the same as Mcgyver in the TV Series.

e-Diski: When was your defining or breakthrough moment?

Lloyd: For me, it was breaking through to the Zim Saints first team.

e-Diski: Where were you and what were you doing before then?

Lloyd: I was still doing my secondary education.

e-Diski: What was your memorable moment?

Lloyd: The memorable moment must have been my debut. The very first time being selected for the senior team. We played against Black Aces.

e-Diski: What was the regrettable moment?

Lloyd: That would definitely not winning the All African Games 1995.

e-Diski: It was a great performance that will not be forgotten by all who watched the Games. Who was your best teammate to play with?

Lloyd:  There were plenty. I will mention Nkosana Gumbo, Matambanashe Sibanda And Muzondiwa Mugadza.

e-Diski: Who was your toughest opponent?

Lloyd: I would cope with any opponent Strikers really.

e-Diski: What do you think of the game today?

Lloyd: The game today needs a lot of investment from junior levels. Development is lacking yet it is the essential component of the overall picture.

e-Diski: Which is the best football team at the moment?

Lloyd: Barcelona. They play very well.

e-Diski: Who is the best player?

Lloyd: Lionel Messi.

e-Diski: What music do you listen to?

Lloyd: I listen to R n B.

e-Diski: Which is your favourite movie?

Lloyd: Godfather.

e-Diski: Great movie that. Thanks very much for your time and chat, and may God bless you.

Lloyd: God bless you too.

His daughter Vicky,  sent her regards to all the e-Diski family and said, 'Thank you for interviewing my daddy'. Jowa played a pivotal role in the Zimbabwe Saints central defence. He was a pillar of strength alongside Methembe Ndlovu, Engelbert Dinha, Stuart Murisa and Alois Bunjira among others in the 1995 All-Africa Games when they picked up a silver medal.

No comments:

Post a Comment