Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Who should be Highlanders chairman?


The official nomination process is concluded and since the last time we chatted, it was a two-horse race that just turned around to be a poker game. 

Peter Dube, a veteran administrator of the club on several occasions, became the 3rd candidate. Prior to Dube's entry into the fray, there was a debate of retaining the leadership known to the people or electing a fresh face.

At this juncture, Dube is neither a 'retainee' nor a fresh face. How much that makes him different and favourable will be seen on the 5th of February 2012. 

I have not been privileged to cast my eyes on the manifestos of the candidates and hopefully, before the weekend I will have all or at least one. 

Given several choices, it is only fair for me to let the campaigns hit the road and trust that those with a sweet tongue will win the day and deliver over the period of their tenure.

I pledge to work very effectively with the winner, as I am creating myself a role that needs all of us to be a success. As much as it is not an easy task to trust or be trusted, it is a risk I will take, together with those who claim to have the team at heart.

The project in question will go ahead at the earliest possible convenience after the elections and is meant to supplement the team's coffers. This will involve all in every corner of the planet and any aliens from elsewhere who have no doubt known Mantengwane in years gone by.

Highlanders have suddenly become a breeding ground for players who get window dressed and get snapped for a song, if not for free. It could be we can help and when we can we will do.

I need your pledge that we swim or sink for the love and worthy cause of iBosso.  

No comments:

Post a Comment